Wednesday, October 28, 2020

My Hike to "The Wave"

 Photos from my hike to The Wave in Coyote Buttes North in the Paria Canyon / Vermillion Cliffs Wilderness Area in October 2020.

Click on a photo for a larger view. 


My hike started well before October. 
I applied for a permit in the online lottery in July. 
My permit arrived the first week of September.


The materials sent with the permit included a description of how to hike
to The Wave along with photos for reference.


I spent the night before the hike at the Stateline Campground.   
The campground's claim to fame is that it is the northern terminus of the Arizona Trail.

View of the campground area from a short ways up the Arizona Trail.


The scenery on the hike to The Wave is as impressive as The Wave itself.




This is the "Mini Wave".  It is just before The Wave.


The entrance to The Wave.
    
   

The pictures that follow are all at The Wave and immediate surrounding area.






















The look at the route back to the trailhead from The Wave.


I created videos show the route to and from the wave:







No comments:

Post a Comment